NorthHill Technology Resources has an need for a Solutions Architect for our client in Sterling, VA. This is a highly visible, senior-level role with an award-winning Federal Integrator. Qualified applicants must be US Citizens with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of the Federal Government Cloud Smart strategy and organizing principles that align business objectives and strategies within IT strategy and execution. The candidate will provide guidance to direct Federal agencies’ transformation of enterprise government cloud and advice around supporting technologies. Your contributions will be pivotal in supporting our government clients’ critical missions, which impact millions of lives every day.
- Determining and sharing best practices in cloud performance measurement, migration, and implementation based on leading industry trends
- Working with agencies to gain insights into cloud options and, reviewing agency cloud strategic plans
- Coordinating with various stakeholders to ensure agencies have access to Federal acquisition tools and services pertaining to cloud procurement, migration, and optimization
- Experience with Federal agency cloud strategy and implementation
- Experience with Federal agency cloud procurements, migrations, optimizations and performance measurements
- Experience advising Federal IT leaders and C-suite executives based on previous related experience, industry best practices, current trends, and lessons learned from other public sector initiatives
- Experience conducting open-source research, analyzing policies, and performing data analysis, all of which have contributed to an intimate familiarity with Federal agency experiences and challenges with adopting cloud computing solutions
- Experience with writing and reviewing federal government wide policies
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience working in various phases of cloud projects
- Understanding of business, technical, cloud infrastructure (AWS and Azure), and information architecture
- Must be able to communicate, verbally and in writing, complex technical ideas to policy and guidance
- Ability to keep abreast with the evolving tools and technology
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to lead and influence technical people
Education and Training:
- MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- Cloud trainings or certifications from major providers such as AWS and Azure.
- Agile engineering principles, Scrum agile trainings or certifications