NorthHill Technology Resources has an immediate need for an Ember Developer to support a large Medicaid project. This is a Contract-to-Hire role with a growing Government Integrator. The role is fully remote.
The Sr. Ember Developer will develop and test the user interfaces for new software solutions and new versions of existing software solutions in the digital solutions portfolio. They understand and apply applicable design and coding standards. They lead and participate in the creation and maintenance of front end web development standards and best practices. They participate and contribute in design and planning meetings, daily scrums, code review sessions and pair programming.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software of complex software applications.
- Perform maintenance on existing software products and contribute knowledge of business applications.
- Contribute as necessary to the development of all project artifacts throughout the system development life cycle.
- Write SQL queries and analyze existing queries for performance tuning.
- Perform post-deployment verification.
- Review the existing documentation.
- Document technical specifications.
- Work closely with the UX Designers to implement a specified UI design within the constraints of the technical solution and work to find compromises when desired designs cannot be achieved.
- Field technical questions from other developers, Product Management, Quality Assurance, and other departments.
- Provide development estimates for new development initiatives and enhancement requests.
- Investigate and resolve bugs and deficiencies in the product codebase.
- Build and maintain internal tools to streamline the software development process and enhance productivity.
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams to launch new products, features, and services on time and within budget.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a creative or technical field. Graduate degree preferred.
- 2 years of experience in using Ember JS to build enterprise‐level, multi-client/tenant web sites, experience with Drupal content management system is a plus but not required.
- 3 years of experience working with 3 or more of :React, Vue, Bootstrap, Angular, Node, Backbone, Adobe Experience Manager, Wordpress, Drupal, PHP, Java
- Experience with RESTful web services design and development.
- Experience with AWS Services.
- Experience working in an agile, preferably SAFe, environment.
- Understanding accessibility and device responsiveness compliance.
Portfolio demonstrating experience is preferred but not required