NorthHill Technology Resources is seeking an IT Engineer with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) experience to join our team in support of a Federal Intelligence Agency contract. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the IT Engineer will enhance their skill set among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues.
Primary responsibilities include providing Tier II support maintaining multiple large Enterprise environments. The supporting infrastructure includes multiple Microsoft based networks spanning multiple security enclaves within a hybrid (Windows & RHEL) operating environment.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
System Administrative Advisory duties to include management of both physical and VDI based Windows and Linux workstations
- Troubleshoot user, workstation and application functionality, performance and incident resolution for both Linux and Windows based applications
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolve incidents with both short-term workarounds and long-term solutions
- Provide remote end user support and remotely work with geographically disperse Tier 2 and Tier 3 team members
- Communicate effectively (in oral and written form) with a variety of individuals and team members in both small and large team environments
- Willingness to participate in special projects as needed
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8+ years of related systems administration experience
- TS/SCI with Polygraph is required.
- Candidate must possess an appropriate and current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE Certification is the preferred certification. In addition, candidate must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Training within six (6) months of Hire Date.
Successful candidates are expected to have related experience and knowledge/understanding of:
- Active Directory Administration
- DNS, DHCP, DFS, LDAP in a Windows or Linux environment
- Windows 10, Server 2012, Server 2016
- Application Troubleshooting such as Outlook, Excel, Word, JAVA, Internet Explorer, Firefox
- Linux Operating system as a server or desktop (RHEL 6/7/8, CentOS 6/7/Stream, Scientific Linux 6/7, Fedora)
- Understanding of Samba and NFS file sharing protocols
- Understanding of ServiceNow, NETS or other ticketing process
- ITIL v3 or higher
The following knowledge/skill set is not required but is a plus:
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Virtualization Environments (VMware, Citrix)
- Profile management utilizing the VMware User Experience Management (UEM) toolset
- Microsoft Exchange
- Telephone/Video support
- Familiarity with site specific customer and mission
- Linux scripting (Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash)
- Gnome and KDE desktop environments
- Puppet or Ansible experience
- Linux Kickstart
- Red Hat Satellite or Foreman/Katello
- Dell/EMC Isilon and Netapp storage appliances
- Experience with monitoring tools like SCOM, Zabbix or Nagios
- DoD STIG hardening
- Containerization (Docker, Podman)
- Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)