NorthHill Technology Resources has several needs for Collections Specialists in Herndon, VA.
- At least 4 years of professional, full-time collections center experience.
- Previous experience working in a small business of less than 50 people, preferred.
As a Collections Specialist, your main responsibilities will be collecting payments as quickly as possible on all past due accounts, 30+ days or older as well as taking in-coming phone calls for billing related inquiries. Foundational to being a collections specialist is the ability to multi-task, maintain supreme organization, and precisely and chronologically document any account’s activities using internal software platform. The right candidate has related experience and an intuitive sense for knowing when to quickly escalate a call, email, or a particular account to the management team. This job is fast-paced, complex, and requires a steady focus with intuitive software skills and the ability to learn new, non-linear concepts quickly. It is unique and for that reason we have interested candidates complete a couple of tests, in addition to interviews and a team Q&A.
Collections Specialist Responsibilities:
- Maintain our 99.6% collection success rate for all of our client airports.
- You will be expected to make no less than 25 outgoing collection calls per day, after receiving proper training on our internal software platform.
- Database has over 100,000 aircraft operator accounts.
- Utilize your verbal and written communication skills to collect on accounts while professionally and succinctly conveying a sense of urgency and creating a positive rapport. This rapport should motivate account holders to not only pay their current account balance, but to pay future balances in a timely manner.
- You will also be expected to give input on improvements for your role and the department.
- Training for individuals with the right skill set typically takes 4 weeks with outgoing calls being made after two weeks of full-time training.
- Conduct custom collections efforts on outstanding accounts using phone calls, emails, and if applicable, standard USPS mail correspondence.
- Perform research on accounts, using company records and Internet resources that are made available.
- Follow the collection methods, customer service, and corresponding internal software steps developed by us that lead to achieving or exceeding collection goals.
- Respond ASAP but at least within a few hours to any operator or client inquiry concerning account or collection questions. Responses should take less than 1 business day, or you are expected to ask for help from the team if this deadline cannot be met.
- Work closely with team members to find greater efficiency, new methods, or software interface improvements to bring in more revenue and find success as a group – we are all about teams working to achieve greater outcomes.
- Solve problems quickly and create sustainable resolutions
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 4 years of full-time professional, business collections experience with proven success in collecting on accounts
- Working knowledge of MS Office 365 - Word, Excel, Outlook, and OneDrive)
- Ability to work autonomously with efficiency • Excellent multi-tasker who can juggle various ongoing needs with success
- Exceptionally strong communication skills
- Ability to easily adapt to changes in workflow
- A personality that works well with all types of people and gives the benefit of the doubt to others
- A team-player attitude that puts the goals of the company, department or team before their own personal desires