The Service Desk Manager will resolve technical problems in a call center/help desk environment. Uses expertise in customer service and technical knowledge gained from prior programming experience to resolve issues surrounding installation, usage, and training on software and/or hardware products. Manages a segment of a program or a function. Responsible for the direct supervision/management of the staff. Responsible for providing objective-oriented direction to subordinates utilizing mgmt guidelines & general policies.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Supports emergency fixes to releases.
- Provides statistical analysis on ticket volumes, common issues and potential improvements.
- Ensures knowledge base/FAQ/training are updated with the identified solutions to common issues.
- Leads the requirements analysis, planning, design, development, transition, integration and maintenance of ITSM tools (ServiceNow).
- Performs Analysis of KPIs, SLAs and IT service performance metrics and help desk tickets.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the Service Desk team.
- Manages the daily activities of the assigned team.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field and 4+ years of service desk management/leadership experience
- US Citizenship and Active Secret or Top Secret Clearance
- Knowledgeable with SAFe Agile practices and tools
- Experience deploying and maintaining national security software systems in a 24/7 environment
- Active adjudicated USMS background investigation or government clearance
- Experience with ServiceNow or similar tracking tools
- Experience generating statistical and trend reports for internal and customer use
- Experience identifying problem areas and recommending improvements to management and/or development teams