Functional Analyst I
NorthHill Technology Resources is seeking a Subject Matter Expert with business analysis experience and understanding of Navy culture, leadership development and career path progression. This is an opportunity to work in the Annapolis, MD area supporting a contract with the U.S. Naval Academy. The purpose of this contract is to design, create and integrate a cloud-based solution that serves as an organizing structure and leadership development interface for leadership research and development.
In this role, you will be responsible for utilizing your experience to facilitate coordination and translation between Navy institutional stakeholders and technical teams to assist in developing solution requirements. Knowledge of requirements gathering and analysis methodologies and software applications. Has business case development experience, the ability to conduct cost benefit analysis, knowledge of Information Technology based commercial off the shelf software (COTS) business process management software, and experience creating test plans. Able to relate subject matter area to Analysts. Utilizes functional knowledge to identify and communicate challenges in delivery.
Work Experience Requirements
- Conducting system functional requirements analysis and business process development with institutional stakeholders.
- Identify key stakeholders, perform stakeholder analysis and identify key requirements that each stakeholder is looking for.
- Ability to grasp high level objectives and elaborate into detailed requirements.
- Define user types and functions they perform.
- Develop and document business processes with each stakeholder.
- Create detailed requirements documents, maintain versions, solicit feedback, incorporate updates, and receive signoff from the stakeholders. Business process documentation will include process flow charts and diagrams that illustrate required inputs, actions and outputs.
- Identify authoritative data sources for process inputs.
- Define projected process output data source or system for storage.
- Conduct review of all business processes to define unique processes, remove duplicative processes, and recommend combination or modification of similar business processes.
- Conduct a joint review with all stakeholders and Navy Technical Project Manager to confirm the final business processes that are required.
- Meet with and collaborate with technical teams to develop technical requirements.
- Take meeting/discussion notes, communication action items and follow up for completion.
- Support Project Manager with status reporting, scheduling, and follow up on tasks.
Education, Certification, and other Requirements:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in developing requirements for projects.
- Must have recent experience serving in or supporting the Navy.
- Must have knowledge of career path progression through Navy Leadership development.
- Have knowledge of requirements gathering and analysis methodologies.
- Demonstrated customer focus.
- Strong analytical and strong problem-solving skills.
- Communicates clearly and effectively evaluates information to make decisions.
- Confronts difficult problems in a positive and creative way.
- Balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly.
- Should be very proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with cloud environments a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree, or High School Diploma and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Shall be a U.S. Citizen.