NorthHill Technology Resources has an urgent need for a Nayv Qualified Validator to support a Federal Program in Arlington, VA. This is a direct-hire role with our client, a fast-growing Federal Integrator. Excellent compensation, benefits and company culture. This is a hybrid role, with 3 days onsite in Arlington and 2 days remote per week. An active Secret Clearance is required.
Position Title: Senior Cyber-Security Analyst / Navy Qualified Validator (NQV)
Location: Arlington, VA
Duties & Responsibilities:
Provides Information Assurance (IA) support for the Office of Naval Research (ONR) in the area of Assessment and Authorization of ONR systems and networks.
- Implements Navy Risk Management Framework (RMF) Implementation Plan IAW DODI 8510.01.
- Develops, coordinates, and reviews detailed Assessment and Authorization documentation in accordance with DoD Instruction 8510.01 - DoD Information Assurance Assessment and Authorization (A&A) Process (RMF)
- Ensures current networks and systems maintain certification and full authority to operate as they are modified to meet operational requirements. The standard to be maintained is defined by the Naval Network Warfare Command (NNWC) and the RMF process.
- Performs Assessment and Authorization for ONR applications, systems and networks fielded or supported by ONR Performance Improvement and Information Management (PIIM) staff IAW NNWC and RMF requirements.
- Reviews and supports A&A for ONR systems and networks fielded or supported by ONR PIIM staff directorates and other offices.
- Completes security documentation and security analysis for major applications, hardware and support systems IAW RMF standards.
- Serves as IA the point of contact for promotional, test, new, replacement and/or contractor equipment brought into the purview of the ONR type accreditation. Once equipment is identified, ensures the owners of the equipment provide proper accreditation documentation and make necessary changes/additions to the RMF Implementation Plan (DIP).
- Performs Automated Information Systems (AIS) security inspections and audits periodically for ONR PIIM managed systems, no less than annually, in order to ensure the accuracy of the DIP.
- Provides A&A accreditation/AIS security support and guidance to the ONR Designated Approval Authority (DAA) and Information Assurance Manager (IAM) about risks and control measures associated with new and emerging information systems technologies.
- Assists in the preparation of information assurance policies, standards, and/or other technical requirement documents needed to advance information security at ONR.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Meets 8570 IAM Level II requirements (e.g., CISSP, CASP+, CAP, CISM)
- Navy Qualified Validator (NQV) Level II or higher
- 10 + years relevant experience
- 3+ years’ experience as an RMF Validator preferred
- Prior experience working with the NAO preferred