NorthHill Technology Resources is seeking a Database Administrator. This position will support a team and report to a Project Manager. Majority of work will be performed on the client site. As a Database Administrator you will be responsible for design, implementation, support and management of Oracle Databases in production, test & development environments. You will be responsible for creation and administration of 11g databases and performance tuning efforts.
Skills and Qualifications:
Minimal Skills and Qualifications:
- Perform database tuning to maximize application performance, reliability and scalability
- Monitor Database jobs, storage, performance
- Support existing applications and business partners
- Provides reports to management as required
- Design and build new solutions for database applications
- Design and architect database schemas from user and system requirements
- Assist in troubleshooting database issues
- Assist in database performance tuning
- Responsible for installing and configuring databases
- Environment Setup; Linux, VMs, AWS and CI Jenkins (cont. integration)
- Strong experience in SQL querying and tuning
- Experience in the design and implementation of database structures.
- Development using PL/SQL including store procedures, packages and external scripting
- Experience with Liquibase is a plus
- Experience writing build scripts, DDL and DML
- Understanding of indexing, partitioning, materialized views and other performance enhancing structures
- Agile methodology
- 3 years or more of IT Delivery and/or Operations experience
- 3 years or more of managing Oracle databases
- Bachelor's degree
- Certified Oracle DBA is a plus
- A Public Trust security clearance or the ability to obtain one is required for this role.
- Experience with Oracle 11g, AWS, Liquibase, writing build scripts, DDL, DML and SQL querying, Java, Python, and Ruby is a plus.