Our client is a Woman-Owned, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business providing management services to the public and private sectors.
We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team supporting DOD in Ft. Belvior, VA. This position will work on Biometrics within the DOD community.
- Assess current Cyber-security Strategy for relevance and alignment with the overall Systems Engineering activities;
- Assess current systems for alignment with the DoD biometric enterprise, National Information Exchange Model (NIEM), messaging standards (i.e., DoD Electronic Biometric Transmission Specifications (EBTS)), and international standards (i.e., ISO/IEC 24745);
- Analyze current systems and transactional trends to propose solutions to reduce Type 1 and Type 2 biometric errors;
- Conduct technical reviews of Iris Exchange (IREX), Face Recognition Vendor Test (FRVT), Multiple Biometric Evaluation (MBE), Face in Video Evaluation (FIVE), Multiple Biometric Grand Challenge (MBGC), and NIST Special Publications for applicability and make recommendations for all PM DoD Biometric systems;
- Analyze systems engineering Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs) deliverables from other contracts (e.g., System Integrator (SI));
- Analyze the overall effectiveness of SI engineering processes and delivered products with respect to achievement of project/product goals, requirements, and schedules;
- Conduct technical reviews of CDRL items and materials provided by the SI in support of technical reviews and audits;
- Conduct capacity planning to identify and recommend cost effective, optimized designs and configurations that balance functionality, scalability, performance, and transactional capacity against peak workload demands and continuity of operations requirements;
- Prepare key Systems Engineering documentation required for a DoD Acquisition Program in accordance with AR 70-1 and the DoD 5000 Series ;
- Conduct analysis and provide recommendations on complex engineering challenges with biometrics / forensics information technology systems in areas such as the use of cloud-based technology services, commercial off-the shelf product comparisons, or networking topology analysis to identify performance or security improvements
- Perform other Systems Engineering support, as directed by the Government.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical or scientific field such as engineering, physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, engineering technology, or computer science
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with deploying and sustaining large, or enterprise information systems
- Experience with Enterprise Biometric and Forensic solutions is required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have advanced knowledge and experience with using Microsoft Office suite
- Strong negotiation experience
- Must be able to work in a team and as in individual contributor
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks
- Strong self-organization and self-management skills, with emphasis on self-initiation and follow through
- Excellent written and oral communication skills