NorthHill Technology Resources is seeking a Statistical Analyst, who can function in a highly collaborative, multi-contractor environment for a government agency. The Statistical Analyst would use STATA to support the agency in the development and refinement of statistical models to help the agency with negotiations.
The statistical analyst will be responsible for conducting analysis, trending and data mining large sets of data, conducting research, developing data models, data cleansing and blending, and producing summaries of their analytic findings for management and other team members. He/She must demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills, have a team orientation, an adaptable nature and the ability to build and maintain strong working relationship.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Document and maintain procedures on how to use models
- Communicate with clients and stakeholders using data to clearly describe a problem or solution
- Bachelor’s degree in math, statistics, economics, computer science, engineering or management information systems with a minimum of three (3) years of experience as an analyst or experience with data management and analytical software tools.
- Proven working experience as a data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Advanced STATA and Microsoft Excel experience.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, STATA, R, SPSS, SAS Tableau, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of data analytics
- Ability to participate in discussing program data and analysis (attend client meetings to brainstorm and problem-solve on their data needs and questions)
- Write logical, comprehensive, concise reports, meeting minutes, correspondence; communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Well-organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks at once in order to meet demanding deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
- Proficient in Microsoft Visio, Project and SharePoint
- Proficient in SQL.
- Demonstrate Creative problem-solving skills, ability to maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction and a service orientation.
- Experience or familiarity working with the Federal Government.