NorthHill Technology Resources is looking for an experienced Customer Support Specialist who can play a lead role in the help desk operations of an enterprise-level program management system. We need someone who is technologically savvy with strong leadership and communication skills that can deliver high-quality customer service.
As a Sr. Application Support Specialist, you will:
- Ensure delivery of excellent Tier 1 customer support through efficient and accurate handling of system and general program inquiries, to include escalation and coordination with Tier 2 and 3 as required to resolve issues.
- Learn and maintain high level of program and application knowledge in order to be able to independently handle a wide range of inquiries.
- Build and maintain business relationship with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with program operations and development teams to identify opportunities for process efficiencies and continuous improvement.
- Mentor or give direction to junior team members, assist with difficult cases, and provide training on best practices.
- Use case management system to document all help desk inquiries to help streamline the customer service process and analyze trends to report back to management and the development team.
- Assist management in ensuring help desk performance goals are met.
- Implement policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed and corrected.
- Assist with development of knowledge base, including frequently asked questions.
- Must be a self-starter/self-directed member of the team.
- Candidate must have at least 5-7 years of application support experience
- Must have experience managing Tier I Helpdesk
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze issues and resolve problems with a quick turnaround time
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Experience using case management systems
- Able to gain expertise on new systems quickly
- Able to create material and provide training to end user
- Problem solver with strong ability to work alone in areas of core competence with minimal guidance
- Punctual, consistent and able to meet deliverable deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, communications, engineering, or related field is required
- Masters degree in communications, computer science, or related discipline may be substituted for two years of experience
- US citizenship required
Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training or experience.