NorthHill Technology Resources is seeking a Database Developer to work on a DOD project. In this role you will support the development and enhancement of a modern data analytics platform using cutting edge, open source technologies. Your responsibility will be to provide technical solutions to the ever-growing needs of the customers in data management, warehousing and analytics areas.
In this position the candidate can join our team immediately and begin work on the project while we process a Secret DOD Clearance for the individual. This is an amazing opportunity to work in a great environment, with emerging technologies while having a DOD Secret Clearance processed. Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! If you are a Database Developer with the skills listed below please apply and we will process your application quickly.
- Deliver projects that focus on data warehousing, business intelligence, reporting, data management and advanced analytics including R or python.
- Conceptualize viable technical solutions that meets customer objectives and project requirements within the cost and schedule constraints
- Act as SME for customer-facing project delivery for business intelligence, data management, and data analytics projects aimed at government – Federal, State, and Local
- Assist team leaders in developing innovative data solutions to address complex business problems
- Work with and through both functional and technical project team members to deliver products in an agile manner
- Work with team leaders and data analysts in resolving complex technical and operational issues
- Diligently manage risks and mitigate/manage issues associated with project delivery
Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed.
- 3-5 years of experience designing, developing and managing enterprise-level databases using relational databases like Oracle, MySQL, and SQL Server
- 1+ years of experience with Data Warehouse, Data Management, Reporting, Governance and Dashboard development.
- 1+ years of experience with ETL tools like Informatica and Pentaho Kettle
- 1 – 3 years of experience with Business Intelligence tools like Tableau and Power BI
- Ready to embrace a fast-paced work environment with deadlines and new challenges
- Strong communication and teamwork abilities
- Experience delivering solutions using Agile delivery practices
- Solid understanding of CI/CD pipeline
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data analytics, business intelligence, economics, statistics, or mathematics
- Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training, or experience
- Experience with improving performance on enterprise applications with large data
- Experience in Test Driven and Behavior Driven Development frameworks
- Familiarity with revision control systems such as Git/Github
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Work Authorization: This position is on a US Government Contract and requires us to staff US Citizens only