NorthHill Technology Resources is seeking a SQL Server DBA who will ensure that new database code meets standards for readability, reliability, and performance. This individual is authorized to design indexes for existing applications. This individual advises developers on the most efficient database designs (tables, datatypes, stored procedures, functions, etc). The SQL Server Database Administrator must have a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA - Database Administration) certification issued by Microsoft.
- Technical focal point for all issues relating to Microsoft SQL/ MySQL Database Management Systems (DBMS) in coordination with other technicians.
- Support service deployments (operation architect/systems administrations) and escalation and restoration (24×7 on-call) efforts.
- Install, configure, provision, operate and administer database management systems and their related software as well as backend storage server and hardware platforms.
- Perform capacity and performance trending, conduct predictive analysis and provide capacity reports to Capacity Manager on a monthly basis.
- Design, install, monitor, maintain and performance tune production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability.
- Provide support to the development and implementation of database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases including software updates.
- Provide technical expertise in support of the design of complex physical data models that describe the structure for data storage, data indexing, data manipulation, and data retrieval applications.
- Work with system owners and project managers to develop and implement complex querying and report solutions. Share concepts and techniques as well as foster and encourage sharing of knowledge.
- Communicate regularly with the development team, business and operations teams to ensure the security and confidentiality of data. Responsible for the availability, reliability and integrity of business data stored in production databases.
- Microsoft Certified Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (Database Administration) certification is required.
- Advanced experience in database monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and high availability strategies for SQL Server, MySQL for on-premise (physical as well as VMWare platform)
- Experience defining hardware requirements and storage capacity planning for development, testing, QA and production for capacity planning and performance.
- Must possess the ability to clear Public Trust
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server backup and recovery strategies
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Demonstrated ability to perform problem identification, analysis and resolution on various DBMS (MS SQL, MySQL). Experience in managing 24/7 high availability production DBMS.
- Ability to design, develop, and document technical solutions, standard operating procedures and change requests.
- Ability to administer Linux/Windows server based operating systems and CLI w/ scripting.
- Experience with capacity planning, utilization, and performance monitoring (Index, Table, Queries and Stored procedures). Data modeling skills for enterprise data warehouses and data marts.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineer and a minimum of 3 years related technical experience required