As a Senior Network Engineer with Juniper/Cisco/Wireless experience, you will support the design, development, implementation and maintenance of the network infrastructure for our government customer, the FDIC.
Level of Clearance Required
: U.S. Citizenship and background investigation is required; you must have a current clean financial background to obtain an agency specific Public Trust.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation [FDIC] mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails. The FDIC team provides support to a plethora of cutting-edge technologies across the IT spectra. It has a state of the art development lab to test new functionality, architectures, and equipment. Employees are tasked with developing and deploying innovative solutions to meet business requirements - not managing day to day, same technology operations.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain (LAN, MAN, WAN, Wireless) network infrastructure
- Determine network bandwidth needs and recommend measures to meet those requirements
- Conduct network modeling and analysis to construct a reliable, high-performance integrated network
- Direct system installation
- Select and install appropriate data communications components configured to meet current and future client's needs
- Program routers, switches, and other network hardware
- Configure DNS servers and appliances
- Maintain firewall and manage security related to hacking
- Define, document, and enforce system standards
- Manage owned domain names
- Design, recommend and implement new solutions to improve the resilience of network operations
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problems and outages
- Schedule updates and upgrades
- Collaborate with network architects to optimize system performance
- Engage in data network fault investigations
- Secure network systems with policies that define and monitor access
- Report network operation status based on project management and priority information
- Implement, configure and optimize QoS, BGP, OSFP, and VoIP
It would be great if you also had:
- Seven plus years of experience as a network engineer managing enterprise data center networks
- 13 years IT and 11 years specialized or
- BS and 10 years IT and 8 years specialized, or
- Masters and 8 years IT, and 6 years specialized.
- Previous experience in IT, security or systems support, or network administrator positions
- Familiarity with various network manufactures including VoIP, LANs, WANs, WLANs to include Cisco Meraki, Aruba AP 93, Aruba AP 105, Aruba AP 205 Access Points (AP), Aruba 7030, Aruba 7210, Aruba 3600, Aruba 7010, Aruba 3600, Aruba 2400 wireless controllers.
- Juniper routers, SRX550, MX104, Juniper Switches QFX 5100, Juniper Gateway SRX3400 , Nexus network switches 9300, 9504,9508, 7010,7706. Cisco ASA, Palo Alto Firewalls, Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices, IP bridges, remote access modems, etc. Understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI and TCP/IP model
- Ability to set up, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot Cisco and Juniper routers, switches, firewalls, and Riverbed devices
- Open to being on call outside of regular working hours as well as occasional nights and weekends in the office
- Work well independently or as a senior network SME
- Provides leadership and/or direction and/or supervision to lower level employees and teams
- Accountable to lead and guide the completion of major programs and projects
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or higher
- CompTIA Network+