NorthHill Technology Resources has a need for a SolarWinds Entrrprise Monitoring Engineer to support a newly awarded Federal Program with DIA. Qualified candidates must have an active TS/SCI with CI Poly. This role can be located in Annapolis Junction, MD, or Colorado Springs, CO.
SolarWinds Enterprise Monitoring Engineer to support our Engineering team, which manages day to day operations and maintains our federal government client hybrid Cloud infrastructure. The position involves significant interaction with system, networking, security and Cloud engineers, and requires a strong combination of technical understanding, communication skills and emotional intelligence
The qualified candidate must possess the following engineering skills and experience supporting a large and complex federal organization:
- Manage enterprise monitoring solutions in accordance with business demands and new application and infrastructure requirements and use innovative methods and technologies to identify and solve problems related to system performance, scalability, reliability, and availability.
- Collaborate with Development, Data, Cybersecurity, Infrastructure and other key partners to ensure operational readiness of new solutions and ongoing optimization improvement of existing solutions.
- Integration, configuration, and support of SolarWinds monitoring and alerts for infrastructure and application environments.
- Performing daily SolarWinds NPM, APM, WPM related operations and proactive monitoring of the Cloud and on Prem Infrastructure.
- Develop availability and capacity monitoring and reporting process for all systems and applications hosted on premises and AWS.
- Work with various teams to design, build, implement, and maintain the monitoring configurations needed for their systems, and train internal employees on the monitoring tools and how to best use them Create and define monitoring operational standards and configurations
- Present actionable data for improving the efficiency and performance of the Network, System and Application infrastructure Identify gaps in the operation and performance.
- Recommend corrective actions to collect, store, and aggregate data to fill gaps.
- Lead problem management efforts in the enterprise management environment.
The ideal candidate will possess senior level knowledge and experience in:
- Installing, configuring, maintaining, and supporting SolarWinds Network, System, Application, and Database Management Software.
- Strong working knowledge of network protocols and services (TCPIP, SNMP, SSH, DNS) Knowledge of Windows and Linux OS and server virtualization technologies.
- Strong technical experience with industry standard monitoring technologies (SNMP, agent based, remote polling), with the proven capability to implement and support complex environments
- Defining, creating, and supporting monitoring dashboards for various levels of users and providing reporting and status information clearly and at actionable levels
- Experience with scripting tools.