Infrastructure Services Engineer – Compute Focus
We are seeking highly motivated engineers with a thirst for learning, in support a geographically dispersed, state of the art systems that seamlessly integrate Linux and Microsoft services. Candidates with proven depth creating solutions with VMware and cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure will be positioned for success in our organization. The selected candidate will design, build and deploy robust hosting environments for large enterprise systems. Additionally the engineer will build, maintain and migrate a variety of physical and virtual systems to on-premises, cloud, or hybrid infrastructures. The engineer will provide support to multiple WAN connected sites, with data flows crossing various controlled interfaces, and will follow specific IT project management and engineering lifecycle processes. Engineers will be responsible for supporting their solutions throughout the IT project lifecycle, to include refining requirements, creating design documentation, creating installation instructions and deployment plans, and providing O&M support. Project assignments will vary based on skill level, and may include engineering geographically dispersed services, integrating services into public, private and hybrid cloud environments, engineering solutions to be deployed via automated CM tools, and hardening the solutions to address security and SCAP compliance.
- Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems utilizing both on-premises and cloud-based hosting technologies
- Analyze requirements and system architectures to develop system requirements specifications and resulting design plans
- Administer, operate, manage and maintain components for on-premises and cloud-based virtualized systems
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients
- Plans and directs upgrades of hosting services (such as hypervisors) and related operating systems
- Experience with VMware implementation and support.
- Experience with cloud/server/network/storage implementation and support.
- Experience with various cloud provider environments such as AWS and Azure
- Experience building/managing servers in the AWS (Amazon Web Services) environment.
- Experience with managing work tasks via tools such as JIRA and ServiceNow
- System configuration based on security guidelines such as DISA STIGs
- CompTIA Security+ or similar for IAT Level II DoD 8570 certification