NorthHill Technology resources is seeking an Information Assurance (IA) Security Specialist SME to work in support of the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) Operations and Support Services (OSS) program.
MUST have a current Top-Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
Minimum of five (5) years
- Assist stakeholders in identifying and evaluating technical and operational security risks, threats, weaknesses and vulnerabilities associated with information systems.
- Review acquisitions for products as they relate to information security.
- Identify, quantify, and recommend mitigation actions for security risks as they relate to enterprise projects
- Support the certification and accreditation (C&A) process of information systems, to verify and validate conformance to federal and FBI policies, regulations, FISMA compliance and standards, and meet specified security requirements.
- Perform Computer Network Defense (CND) continuous (24x7) monitoring and reporting, using IA detection, mitigation, and prevention solutions including firewalls, routers, switches, Intrusion Detection Systems/Intrusion Protection Systems (IDS/IPS), Host-Based Security System (HBSS), log management system (machine data: system, audit, etc. logs), and Security Information Event Management Systems (SIEM).
- Review system documentation and proposed Change Requests to ensure security requirements are met for the approved system and engineering change requests.
- Evaluate security vulnerabilities with regard to confidentiality, integrity, and availability, and recommend appropriate solutions and/or viable strategies and/or mitigations.
- Provide and monitor network performance metrics to report on risk and vulnerability exposure.
- Monitor trends in technology, perform system security analyses, and recommend strategies and solutions for improving or enhancing system security.
- Recommend, document, and update all standards and procedures that reflect good practice in IT infrastructure management and provide security policy support.
- Perform security support services associated with security functional testing, vulnerability assessments and penetration testing – including but not limited to vulnerability, database, web scanning, and network mapping.
- Support the C&A process of information systems, to verify and validate compliance to Federal and DOJ policies and regulations, and FISMA compliance and standards.
- Conduct ongoing security functional requirements testing and security assessments of information system hardware, software, and applications, and overall system architecture, verifying and validating that system security technical and operational controls are in accordance with established security policies, requirements, plans, standards, processes, and procedures.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor artifacts (infrastructure, services, and applications) for A&A package submission to receive Authority to Test (ATT) and ATO certifications.
- Sustain continuous monitoring framework as directed by the Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) policy in accordance with NIST SP 800-53 Rev 4 and NIST SP 800-37 or current and future versions.
of demonstrated experience leading an Information Security (Cybersecurity or Information Assurance) team of ~5 – 10
Demonstrated knowledge developing, maintaining and managing Security Authorizations and Assessments packages
Experience with developing and managing Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms)
Display technical experience with conducting research and providing review recommendations on software and technologies for vulnerabilities
Technical experience with reviewing vulnerability scans and providing mitigation techniques.
Experience in conducting annual assessments
Possess experience developing and testing Contingency Plans
Experience with conducting audit log reviews
Experience with NIST Special Publications and guidance
Bachelor’s Degree in system engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related discipline
Certification (active) relating to information security such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)