NorthHill Technology Resources has an outstanding opportunity for an Associate Program Manager to support a large Federal Program in Sterling, VA. This is a direct-hire role with our client, an award-winning Federal Integrator.
Associate Program Manager
The PM provides leadership, oversight, and management of a complex program, which covers a portfolio of projects and programs; ensures performance against contract and program requirements; serves as a single point of accountability and responsibility to the government; coordinates and ensures completion of deliverables, and other contractual requirements; performs risk management; develops and implements long-term strategies, roadmaps, and monitors execution to ensure alignment of tactical activities; manages program budget, evaluates performance against design and schedule requirements and constraints; provides oversight across range of project-types (waterfall, agile, lean, etc.) and project complexities; consults and advises senior Federal leadership; ensures Federal leaders have actionable information in a timely manner necessary to obtain decision/guidance to facilitate program execution. The PM:
• Is the owner of customer-facing project delivery for IT solutions.
• Works with and through both functional and technical project team members to deliver solutions in an agile manner.
• Effectively plans, coordinates, executes, monitors, and manages work requests and related tasks utilizing strong and pervasive project management expertise for IT projects and IT management.
• Understands project requirements from both a business and a technical standpoint and serves as the liaison between business users and the project team.
• Demonstrates leadership skills to manage project resources and cultivate strong customer relationships.
• Manages contractual, financial, and personnel related issues associated with project delivery.
• Performs project resource management and capacity planning to make optimal use of resources.
• Regularly monitors and measures project performance.
• Develops strategies for contingency planning and risk mitigation; identifies and solves project issues effectively.
• Supports proposal development, new customer demos, and other pre-sales activities as needed.
At least 7+ years related work experience with the following qualifications:
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and lead major technology assignments.
- Experience evaluating performance results and recommending major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- PMI-PMP or PMI-PgMP or PMI-PfMP.
- Bachelors' Degree in related field.
- Project Management experience in planning, estimating, resourcing, executing, monitoring, and managing information technology projects, preferably in technical areas such as:
- Business value driven requirement gathering
- Agile software application development and modernization
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage, execute, and monitor projects requiring compliance with:
- Software Project management frameworks and systems engineering lifecycles
- Agile software development lifecycles
- Task level cost and schedule estimation, tracking, reporting, and management
- Demonstrated and validated ability to address corrective actions and to follow proper escalation protocols and procedures with technical monitors, COR, the IT organization and with the project sponsors
Strong leadership skills to define requirements for project risks
Excellent organizational, presentation, and customer service skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Desired Skills
--Previous Experience managing projects for the Federal Government
--Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, or another technical related field
- Experience with Jira and Confluence.