NorthHill Technology Resources has an outstanding opportunity for a Cloud Data Architect for a role in Alexandria, VA.
Our client, a fast-growing Federal Integrator, is seeking a Cloud Data Architect to join their growing team. The qualified applicant will lead the implementation of Cloud solutions, emerging technologies, and innovation initiatives for Enterprise Data Analytics services at a federal agency.
- Lead initiatives that span strategy and road map exercises, architecture definition, product selection, application and integration design and implementation
- Provide advisory and leadership on the provision of analytics environments.
- Leverage Cloud based platforms, big data technologies, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning techniques, including integration with existing data and analytics platforms and tools.
- Design and implement scalable data architectures leveraging AWS and emerging technologies, covering on-premise and cloud-based deployment patterns.
- Define, design, and implement data access patterns for multiple analytical and operational workloads, across on-premise and Cloud based platforms.
- Create information solutions covering data security, data security, data privacy, data governance, metadata management, multi-tenancy and mixed workload management across various platforms, spanning on-premise and Cloud Strategies, aligned with the customer's business objectives and with a focus on Cloud migrations ensuring global to local regulations, security, risk, and compliance.
- Advise the Enterprise Architect Team on highly technical issues within broad based area of expertise, including the potential effects of emerging information technologies and trends on the current and future IT initiatives.
- Provide leadership on the reporting, analysis, technology, and governance recommendations to accelerate integration of emerging technologies across enterprise.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in Data Analytics, Cloud and Data Science initiatives
- Demonstrated knowledge and enterprise related to Emerging Technologies, such but not limited to Enterprise Cloud initiatives and migration, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Robotic Process Automation implementation.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, build relationships and work effectively with internal and external partners. Demonstrated strong collaboration, negotiation, and influencing skills in a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to define and effectively articulate solutions (verbally and in writing) and discuss business problems with customers positively influencing outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience defining and articulating enterprise architecture, data management, strategic vision and translating it into implementable steps for emerging technology operationalization.
- Possess strong hands-on development experience and deep technical expertise in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Advanced Analytics platforms, Digital Platforms, IoT, Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality, and Blockchain platforms.
- Will be proficient in understanding and leveraging public Cloud platforms and services to develop applications at scale, including AWS and Azure.
- Familiar and working knowledge on designing AWS based framework for ETL, data organization, storage, and visualizations.
- Proficient and hands-on experience in AWS services like IAM, EC2, CloudFormation, VPC, AWS Glue, S3.
- Experience working with databases like RDS Oracle, Postgres, NoSQL, Elasticsearch, AWS Redshift.
- Proficient in Python, Spark, bash, ksh, SQL
- Working experience with version control platforms e.g. Git.
- AWS and/or Data Science Certifications