We are seeking a Business/Systems Analyst with customer facing experience to join our growing team. The qualified applicant will play a key role as part of the Enterprise Data and Analytics services program for a large federal agency in Alexandria, VA.
- Work with project technical and business team members and stakeholders to define, gather, refine and prioritize business requirements.
- Conduct interviews, group workshops, business process review and surveys to determine functional and end-user requirements.
- Perform analysis of data from multiple sources and work with Architect to provide input to Data Model and ETL processes.
- Gather and document reporting requirements from business owners and end users and work with report developer on creating wireframes and mockups.
- Conduct peer review of requirements, design, testing and other project documents.
- Develop and deliver presentations to team members and stakeholders
- Manage the development and maintenance of project documentation.
- Manage the evolution of user stories and other backlog items, including breaking down the stories, and facilitating story refinement and estimating sessions.
- Support functional testing and UAT efforts
Experience & Qualification Requirements:
- 4+ years of experience in business analysis and requirements gathering.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Management or related field MANDATORY
- Experience with BI tools such as OBIEE, Tableau, IBM Cognos, and/or Business Objects
- Strong understanding and working experience in an Agile development environment
- Ability to effectively articulate solutions (verbally and in writing) and discuss business problems with the customer positively influencing outcomes
- Government contracting experience is plus!
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint etc.
- Proficient in MS Office and Visio
- Ability to actively communicate, interact and solve critical customer problems.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with a IT project team that is developing in AWS
- Scrum Master certification