NorthHill Technology Resources has an immediate need for a SharePoint Engineer to support Texas National Guard. This role is remote with some travel to Westlaco, TX.
Engage client to assist in the planning, design and migration of their existing on-premise SharePoint 2013 environment to SharePoint 2019, as well as migrate a small subset of content into SharePoint Online, as well as three existing SharePoint Designer workflows, which will need to be recreated using Power Automate. Provide analysis of the existing environment to ensure all customizations and external configuration is accounted for, then provide the two-step migration from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2016, and finally to SharePoint 2019. Provide guidance for ensuring proper redundancy and hardening of the new SharePoint environment. Finally, provide testing and remediation support for any issues that may result from the migration.
To achieve the objectives listed above, personnel must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Project Initiation
- Environment Discovery and Analysis
- New Environment Configuration
- SharePoint On Premise Content Migration
- Go-Live Support
- SharePoint Online Configuration and Migration
- Workflow Configuration
- Project Close
Once discovery and analysis are complete, building out of two (2) separate SharePoint farms – one for SharePoint 2016 and one for SharePoint 2019. The SharePoint 2019 farm will be fully redundant, with duplication of all server roles. Server OS and network configuration will be completed by Client prior to SharePoint configuration. Both farms will be configured per Microsoft documentation and best practices. Update both farms to the latest Cumulative Update.
- Perform installation and configuration of non-redundant SharePoint 2016 farm per Microsoft documentation.
- Perform installation and configuration of fully redundant SharePoint 2019 farm per Microsoft documentation.
- Perform hardening for this environment based on DISA STIG Standard
- Installation and configuration of Continuity of Operations (COOP) site environment as a hot site with failover
- Update both SharePoint farms to latest Cumulative Update
- Configuration of AD Connect
SharePoint On Premise Content Migration
Migrate content from the existing SharePoint farm using the database backup/restore process. Users will continue to work in the SharePoint 2013 farm during the initial migration. Once the appropriate databases have gone through the full upgrade process to SharePoint 2019, test the environment, then provide access to the appropriate Client stakeholders for further testing. Once complete, the migration will be performed again over a weekend as a final migration, and the existing SharePoint 2013 environment will be set to read-only.
- Perform Initial Content migration and test.
- Support Testing of Initial Migration
Perform Final Content migration