NorthHill Technology Resources is seeking a Senior VDI Engineer for a Federal Project in Springfield, VA. This role requires an active TS/SCI.
Serve as a key member of a VDI engineering team for deploying and managing Citrix brokering and desktop provisioning through a VMware infrastructure. This will include, but may not be limited to, all Guest Virtual Machine (VM) activities for the Citrix XenDesktop applications (delivery controller, storefront direction, etc.), machine catalogs, delivery groups, Persistent and Non-Persistent images, and physical and virtual NetScaler models, to include NetScaler FIPS models. Desktop images will be regularly updated, tested, and deployed with both Operating System (OS) and third-party vendor application updates to maintain compliance, Information Assurance (IA), and Security (InfoSec) requirements.
When VDI issues, incidents, and/or problems arise, the Senior Systems Engineer provides direct troubleshooting and problem resolution support, to include Root Cause Analysis (RCA). The Senior Systems Engineer also produces and maintains documentation of the VDI solution to include the system, sub-system, and components in the Activity's IT Hosting portfolio, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, and all other areas of system life-cycle planning.
The Senior Systems Engineer also works directly with the IT Architecture and Engineering (A&E) team to consistently explore, investigate, research, analyze, assess, implement, and transition new technologies to an operational state to modernize and improve upon existing infrastructure solutions
• Shall have 5 or more years of progressive experience in a VDI systems engineering, or similar, role capturing requirements, designing, engineering, implementing, securing, and operating and maintaining enterprise-level VDI solutions for a globally dispersed IT enterprise.
• Shall have 5 or more years of experience designing, engineering, implementing, and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information
• Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
• Shall have 3 or more years of proven hands-on experience performing O&M of VDI solutions that are using the Citrix XenDesktop 7 suite and Citrix NetScaler 11, or newer, to provide enterprise-level virtual desktop and application offerings.
• Demonstrated experience with utilizing, supporting, and maintaining Windows Server 2012 R2 and/or Windows Server 2016 operating system (OS) as a VDI server platform and Windows 7 and/or
Windows 10 OS as a desktop platform in a VDI environment as part of an all-encompassing VDI solution.
• Demonstrated experience implementing and supporting application virtualization through an assortment of technologies including Citrix XenApp, AppLayering, and/or Enterprise Layer Manager (ELM).
• Demonstrated experience monitoring and assessing virtualization and storage infrastructure systems and solutions proactively for performance degradation and tuning and optimization opportunities.