NorthHill Technology Resources is currently looking for a Cloud Security Engineer for a position in Washington, DC.
The Azure Cloud Security Engineer (CSE) implements security controls and threat protection, manages identity and access, implements Azure Information Protection (AIP), and protects data, applications, and networks in cloud and hybrid environments as part of an end-to-end Microsoft Cloud infrastructure. This role is part of a larger team dedicated to cloud-based migration, service enablement, and management of a secure hybrid Microsoft environment.
Responsibilities for this role include the following:
- Establishing Microsoft security and information protection controls
- Supporting the process to obtain an authority to operate (ATO) for Azure and Microsoft 365
- Evaluate Azure cloud and hybrid security services, tools, and appliances in the areas of (but not limited to): intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, packet capture, and quarantine
- Assess network/cloud security posture and recommend modifications for enhancement or improvement, and mitigations for vulnerability findings found by security services, tools, and appliances
- Collaborate with enterprise partners and incident response teams regarding requirements and deployment of security services, tools, and appliances
- Manage vendor relationships regarding security requirements and technical support
- Identifying, and remediating vulnerabilities by using a variety of security tools
- Implementing threat protection
- Responding to security incident escalations.
- At least 10 years of IT Information Security experience
- Hands-on experience establishing and configuring security controls for Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 components
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft cloud-based infrastructure components with specific understanding of the security risks presented in a decentralized and hybrid environment
- Hands-on experience with cloud native networking concepts, encryption technologies, key management, and layer-7 attack and defense techniques
- Understanding of defense against OWASP, DDOS, and other infrastructure threats from the edge
- Strong Understanding of security as it relates to CDN, api management, and load balancing technologies
- Strong understanding of Azure monitoring capabilities and setup rule-based alerts with response procedures
- Comfortable automating processes start to finish and can work closely with cloud engineering and application development teams to help integrate security into their existing processes
- Experience with securing serverless automation and security administration in Azure
- Experience creating security documentation and technical artifacts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail