NorthHill Technology Resources is looking for Solutions Architect – Cyber Security with experience architecting, developing and implementing enterprise technology and Cyber Security solutions in the federal sector. The role will include developing enterprise technology solutions, bootstrapping a cyber-security practice, developing core cybersecurity capabilities, responding to federal opportunities through research and proposal development, developing relevant vendor partnerships, hands-on solution engineering, resource management, and leading implementations. The individual will also have delivery responsibilities working on technology and cyber security client engagements as required.
The individual must have over 12 years of experience architecting, and managing federal technology and cyber security solutions implementations with working experience across Public / Private cloud platforms, Cyber Security tools such as Splunk, RSA Archer etc, DevOps, CI/CD . Ideal candidate will have a wide range of experience architecting technology and cyber security solutions, Knowledge of current and emerging Federal standards such as CMMI, ITIL, NIST Risk Management Framework, FISMA and FEDRAMP
As a member of the Strategic Solutions group, the candidate must be able to operate independently and demonstrate experience leading/guiding a team to architect, develop and implement business applications.
•The candidate will provide technical solution support during proposal development process, to include technology stack selection, solution architecture, and implementation methodology
•The candidate may be required to lead and manage a team of architects / analysts to engage internal teams to architect solutions, facilitate solutions design and manage implementations
•The candidate will design and develop Cyber Security solutions according to federal standards, leveraging state of the art cyber technologies and design best practices that enable a federal agency level scalability and flexibility
•As a Architect the candidate will be responsible to guide and support RFIs, RFPs and RFQs, response development including writing of whitepapers and concept development
•The candidate will be required to develop and provide presentations and demonstrations of technology solutions to both internal and external stakeholders
•The candidate will be responsible to maintain vendor partnership levels and develop a strong vendor relationship with the technology counterparts
•Understanding of security assessments and appropriate tools.
•Knowledge of potential vulnerabilities and threats to existing web, applications, database, and operating system technologies
•Minimum of 7 years of experience in the implementation of FISMA, RMF, and other related NIST-based processes
•Have CSAM (Cyber Security Assessment Management) tool experience and knowledge of how to measure compliance within a security system and program.
•Recent hands-on experience designing and implementing enterprise cyber security technologies based solutions including leading a team of security SMEs
•Proven experience communicating with non-technical business personnel and ability to interact and work in a team environment.
•5+ years of recent experience directly guiding and mentoring security SMEs and providing management of program technical tasks
•Should have 5+ years of experience using Agile development methodology, and working experience in a DevOps environment is highly desired
•Professional implementation experience should include both project management and solution architecture tasks to include designing, implementing and improving business processes
•Strong have demonstrated skills with analytical problem solving abilities
•Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills to senior management both internal and external including SMEs
•Masters in Computer Science or related engineering field
•Ability to design, implement and ensure compliance for technical solutions
•Hands on experience with various specific NIST control
•Hands-on experience with US federal regulatory requirements and guidelines from FISMA to NIST 800-30, 800-37, 800-53/53A, 800-171 and the CSF (Cybersecurity Framework)
•Having experience with SEIM (Security Event and Incident Management System) is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the architectural integrity of the program and maintaining the enterprise vision of the solution from a technical and business perspective.
- Ensure that opportunities are identified and is a liaison between the functional and business groups to ensure that these opportunities are realized.
- Responsible for the business/technical solution and guiding what should be done within the program to ensure alignment with the enterprise strategy.
- Provide technical design, prototype development, and support to program management in the initiation, design, development, implementation, maintenance and management of service- based enterprise architecture.
- Play a key role of migrating three enterprise applications into a consolidated application which leverages DevOps, cloud computing, and Data Lake / big data technologies.
- Ensure adherence to the standards and solution.
- Lead enterprise architecture analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and development.
- Serve as technical liaison between program management and development stakeholders.
- Make key architectural decisions required of the enterprise technical platform and supporting technologies.
- Evaluate projects from a business and technical perspective, ensuring that planned development methodologies are appropriate and in line to support enterprise goals.
- Partner with leaders to provide enterprise solutions that are calculable, adaptable and in synchronization with evolving business requirements.
- Contribute to technical requirements and input to work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and technical reviews for enterprise architecture deliverables.
- Work to align enterprise IT strategy with business goals and objectives and the enterprise strategy.
- Actively support IT governance as it relates to alignment to the business, evaluation of technology trends, enterprise architecture models, alignment of IT strategy initiatives, enterprise architecture guiding principles and standards.
- Analyze technology industry and market trends to determine potential impact to enterprise services.
- Typically requires an advanced technical degree and a minimum of 12 years in progressively responsible positions.