NorthHill Technology Resources is seeking a Systems Engineer to work in the Annapolis, MD area supporting a U.S. Naval Academy contract. The purpose of this contract is to design, create and integrate a cloud-based solution that serves as an organizing structure for leadership research and development.
Work Experience Requirements
- Integrating front-end applications and back-end processing in Cloud/Multi-Cloud environments or their combination.
- Apply IT development skills to improve application performance, provides systems analysis for database performance, script execution and maintenance activities. Work will include applications development, and integration of SQL and NoSQL based database management systems.
- Creating and delivering cloud-based solutions using technologies such as Salesforce.
- Ensuring that proper testing is implemented, and performance and security requirements are closely monitored by working with the project team.
- You must be able to identify and confirm technical design risks and develop mitigating approaches.
- Developing and implementing interfaces and integration and utilization of existing systems including Midshipmen Information System (MIDS), Midshipmen Development Report (MDR), Salesforce CRM and existing leadership, ethics and law curriculum.
- Develop the system security plan (e.g., FEDRAMP) and conduct a Privacy Impact Assessment
- Developing a Section 508 Compliance plan describing practices to be followed to ensure compliance with laws governing Section 508. Plan will include practices to mitigate and remediate audit findings ensuring presentations are in compliance.
- Integrating the development and test environments
- Engage contracted Development teams
- Performing test iterations to verify and validate Program Increment (PI) requirements
- Responsibilities include synchronizing development, ARTs, and Demos to ensure cadence of iteration(s)
- Synchronize development, ARTs, Demos to ensure cadence of PI
- Support solution demonstrations and final testing.
Education, Certification, and other Requirements:
- Must have 7 or more years of experience in Information Technology knowledge with 3 years recent in DoD, and practical experience in two or more of the following areas: operating systems, communications systems, applications, systems administration.
- Experience supporting configuration at the Enterprise level in at least two operating systems and two Local/Wide Area network communications technologies.
- Experience performing IT based software engineering using two common computer languages and two operating systems (Linux and Windows).
- Experience implementing systems and communications from plans.
- Experience reviewing systems requirements. Analyzing, troubleshooting, and developing solutions.
- Recent experience working with the U.S. Navy is desired.
- Recent experience in Salesforce programming/development is preferred.
- 3 years’ recent experience in Agile methods.
- 3 years’ experience with Oracle 11g, Oracle Web PL/SQL operating under UNIX operating system
- Working knowledge of security concepts such as single sign on and data security.
- Bachelor’s degree, or High School Diploma and 11 years’ experience.
- Shall be a U.S. Citizen.