NorthHill Technology Resources has an urgent need for a Senior Full Stack Engineer
in Washington, DC.
, but can also sit in Sterling, VA.
This role is supporting the Defense Intelligence Agency and requires an active CI Polygraph. Outstanding compensation and benefits - looking to interview immediately.
- Designs, plans and builds communications networks. Configures routers and switches, and firewalls for LAN and WAN systems and VPN concentrators with appropriate network engineering and communications protocols. Coordinates LAN/WAN hardware/software improvements and/or enhancements. Monitors the network utilizing industry leading technologies.
- Provides innovative methods and technical solutions using the engineering design process. Plans implementation of enhancements.
- Adhere to open standards and modern software development methodologies, including what is considered industry "best" practices to the extent operational requirements allow.
- Design and develop APIs and data access services for new data feeds, and implements API gateways to enable enterprise access to existing and new data
- Support trade studies/analyses of alternatives and assessments of potential technologies that may be applicable to the application, and provides recommendations
- Have in-depth knowledge of software development patterns and practices, able to routinely produce high-quality work products in all but the most complex or exceptional situations without supervision, effectively guide or supervise the work of others, and be able to intuitively assess the best course of action to take in each situation and understand how and when to apply guidelines
- Be familiar with one or multiple popular Cloud Platforms (i.e., Azure, Google, or AWS)
- Perform competently well on their own, apply guidelines within contexts, know when off track and able to self-correct; may lead or mentor others in practicing and learning competency from a tactical perspective
- Will be required to meet online with product team, meet schedules, and work within Azure DevOps on sprints in a SAFE agile framework environment
- Have proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and Github
- Design and implement low-latency, highly available, and performance applications
- Knowledge of and experience using Webpack
- Be able to use/develop GraphQL API
- Understand the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Good understanding of server-side template languages
- Experience in user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understand fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Integrate data storage solutions using PostgreSQL and Redis databases
- Create database schema that represent and support business processes
- Implement automated testing platforms and develop unit tests
- Possess good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processors, such as SASS
- Experience in responsive website design, accessibility, and security compliance
- Analyze user needs to implement web site content, graphics, performance, capacity, accessibility, and security compliance