The client is seeking a senior NSX-T Engineer to support an NSX-T environment running on VMware. This role will have the responsibility for understanding program mission requirements and designing, deploying, and configuring impactful solutions to meet defined requirements. The NSX-T engineer will also evaluate current environment configurations and make recommendations for improvement as relevant. This role involves evaluating new capabilities in an engineering test environment, following instantiated change management procedures for all future enhancements, and production support of current and future NSX-T deployments. The role also involves generating detailed Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) of the NSX-T environment, automation of the NSX-T environment as appropriate, and providing troubleshooting support at the Tier-3/4 level.
Core tasks include:
* Provide expert solutions in VMware NSX-T technologies
* Integrate NSX-T software defined network with existing physical network infrastructure
* Identify areas where the NSX-T environment can be automated
* Support integration with vRealize Automation
* Create detailed system design and standard operating procedure documents for the NSX-T solution.
* Provide Tier-3/4 operational support
* Installation/Configuration/Management of NSX-T 3.x environment
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience
* More than 8 years' experience preferred in a large enterprise
* Excellent understanding of Networking technologies, including security and monitoring aspects
* Excellent understanding of VMware NSX-T and automation concepts, experience with REST, Ansible, Python, and PowerShell preferred.
* Experience designing and operating enterprise level solutions for a global organization
* Proficiency in scripting and/or automating repeatable processes
*TS/SCI with CI poly