NorthHill Technology Resources has a need for a Big Data Software Developer with TS/SCI Clearance for a Federal Program in Herndon, VA. This is a direct-hire role with our client, a fast-growing Federal Integrator. Outstanding compensation, benefits and company culture.
Our client is seeking a Software Engineer specializing in big data solutions to join our team supporting a user base with a mission to solve unique and challenging problems in support of national security. The ideal candidate will be part of a lean agile multi-disciplinary software team and have the unique opportunity to interact directly with users and other technologists to ensure solutions, development and tools meet the needs of the customer.
• Create discovery and automation tools to enable geospatial and intelligence analysis of complex problems utilizing an array of data types and sources.
• Develop enabling software solutions using a variety of scripting languages that address real world user requirements; writes and debugs custom code and creates user documentation.
• Monitor and understand high level operational geospatial processes.
• Communicate with multidisciplinary teams and articulate technical concepts and ideas effectively.
• US citizenship is mandatory for this position and required for consideration. • Degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Math, GIS. Equivalent demonstrated experience of 4 years or more will be considered in lieu of degree.
• Minimum 5+ years of demonstrated technical experience in developing custom software solutions
• 3+ years of experience performing data extraction, manipulation, and visualization with proficiency in Java, Python, R, and/or other similar languages
•Experience with some big data technologies such as Spark, Elasticsearch, Hive, Hadoop, and/or Accumulo
• Willingness to work onsite 75% or as needs dictate
• Familiarity with concepts such as Data visualization; Data management, Data integration, User Interfaces, Databases
• Strong Linux skills and familiarity with hybrid cloud/on-prem architecture, AWS, C2S, Openstack, etc.
• An adaptable and solution centric mindset that embraces technology enablers.
• Familiarity with common industry software tools, concepts, and DevSecOps •Experience working with open-source resources in a government computing environment
• Able to work effectively with a geographically distributed ops & development team
• Able to communicate effectively with customers and team in written and oral forums
• Can work independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment, with factory reach-back support.
• Experience as a military/intelligence analyst, supporting the military/IC, or knowledge of some IC PED systems is a plus!