NorthHill Technology Resources has an immediate need for a Senior Data Architect
to support a DHS Program. This is a direct-hire role with our client, an award-winning Federal Integrator. This role requires one day per week onsite in Sterling VA
, with the other days remote
. Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship
Job Title: Data Architect
Location: One day per week in Sterling, VA
Type: Direct Hire
Clearance: US Citizen able to obtain Public Trust
DHS/FEMA badge preferred
Location/Remote: Hybrid- Sterling, VA - Washington, DC
- Designs strategies for enterprise database systems and sets standards for operations, programming, and security.
- Designs and constructs large relational databases.
- In depth knowledge in data modeling and database design and architecture; builds, optimizes, and maintains conceptual and logical database models.
- Integrates new systems with existing warehouse structure and refines system performance and functionality; develops strategies for enterprise data management and data governance.
- Expertise in Data Migration from Oracle to AWS PostgreSQL experience is required.
- 10+ years of experience in design and implementation of large-scale data platforms/solutions using major Cloud platforms: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 10+ years of experience in data engineering with an emphasis on predictive data analytics, reporting and visualization
- 8+ years of experience in the design and build of data extraction, transformation, and loading processes using data pipelines
- 8+ years ETL skills including experience with pipeline orchestration tools, logging, monitoring & alerting, deep troubleshooting, and automated testing & deployments
- 8+ years of experience in SQL, data transformations, migration, statistical analysis, and troubleshooting across more than one Database Platform (Oracle, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Amazon RDS for Oracle etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in designing and building solutions utilizing various Cloud services such as EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift/Spectrum, Lambda, etc.
- Experience in translating business requirements into technical specifications, including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses
- Experience in defining and implementing data access patterns for analytical and operational workloads, across on-premise and cloud-based platforms.
- Experience in defining and executing enterprise level strategy on building data storage infrastructure, data pipelines, data warehouses, data lakes, data APIs and self-service tooling for diverse types of data (structured and unstructured), and diverse workloads/dataflows (transactional, analytics, Machine Learning pipelines)
- Experience working in all phases of full life cycle data analytics development: Requirements, Architecture, Design, Testing, and deployment
- Experience in defining and implementing legacy modernization and migration roadmaps for large scale applications, databases (Oracle to PostgreSQL) and database optimization
- Experience building applications using service-oriented, micro service, and/or API based architectures at an enterprise scale
- Experience with event-driven applications using queues, service bus and other related patterns
- Experience with federal acquisition systems and processes
- Experience in working closely with technical leads, engineering teams and architecture stakeholders for technical issues and architecture framework capabilities for use by other development teams
- Ability to collaborate with technical executives on strategy, project portfolio management, best practices
One day per week onsite
- Cloud Data Architect Professional certification preferred