NorthHill Technology Resources has a need for a Senior Network Engineer to support a Federal Program in Chantilly, VA. This is a direct-hire opportunity with our client, a fast-growing Federal Integrator. Excellent compensation and benefits. Due to the nature of the work, a TS/SCI Clearance with an active CI Polygraph is required.
We are seeking highly motivated engineers with a thirst for learning, in support a geographically dispersed, state of the art systems that seamlessly integrate Linux and Microsoft services. Positions will provide engineering support to multiple WAN connected sites, with data flows crossing various controlled interfaces, and will follow specific IT project management and engineering lifecycle processes. Engineers will be responsible for supporting their solutions throughout the IT project lifecycle, to include refining requirements, creating design documentation, creating installation instructions and deployment plans, and providing O&M support. Project assignments will vary based on skill level, and may include engineering geographically dispersed services, integrating services into public, private and hybrid cloud environments, engineering solutions to be deployed via automated CM tools, and hardening the solutions to address security and STIG compliance.
• Administer, operate, manage and maintain network components for on-premises and cloud-based virtualized systems
• Design, develop, implement, and maintain (LAN, MAN, WAN, Wireless) network infrastructure
• Determine network bandwidth needs and recommend measures to meet those requirements
• Design, recommend and implement new solutions to improve the resilience of network operations
• Conduct network modeling and analysis to construct a reliable, high-performance integrated network
• Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problems and outages
• Schedule updates and upgrades
• Collaborate with network architects to optimize system performance
• Engage in data network fault investigations
• Secure network systems with policies that define and monitor access
• Configure DNS servers and appliances
• May serve as a team or task lead
• Participates in special projects as required
• Active TS/SCI and CI polygraph
• BA/BS or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of experience
• CompTIA Security+ or similar for IAT Level II DoD 8570 certification
• Experience with F5 Load Balancers & Proxies
• Experience with Cisco Web Security Appliance & Cisco Email Security Appliance proxy
• Understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
• Candidate should be familiar with the following technologies and protocols.
o Layer 2: Ethernet, PPPoE, STP, 802.1q, 802.1x, MPLS, L2VPNs
o Layer 3: IP, IPv6, LDP, L3VPNs, RSVP, DHCP, IPSEC, PIM, IGMP
o Layer 4: TCP, UDP
o Routing Protocols: BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, EIGRP
o Other: SNMP, RADIUS, TACACS+
• Ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot Cisco and Juniper routers, switches, firewalls.
• Experience with various cloud provider environments such as AWS and Azure
• Experience with managing work tasks via tools such as JIRA and ServiceNow
• System configuration based on security guidelines such as DISA STIGs