Cloud Support Engineer I (Night Shift)
Redmond, WA and Reston, VA (2 spots in each location)
Night Shift: 12am - 8:30am. Must be available to work weekends, holidays, and other shifts if necessary. TS SCI FSP, as well as CJIS investigation. Project on-boarding and training will take place during the day shift.
The Cloud Support Engineer will serve as a part of the incident management team in a 24x7 Microsoft Azure environment. Candidate will diagnose, mitigate and/or escalate system issues to maintain a high level of system/platform availability. Candidate will serve as a part of the Live Site work stream and will require an understanding of core Windows Azure components and tools to diagnose issues. The Cloud Support Engineer will perform tasks such as:
Roles and Responsibilities
· Troubleshoot system issues using diagnostic tools like netmom, windbg, and custom application tools
· Respond to incident tickets in a 24x7 operational environment to meet SLA objectives
· Review system logs to identify and mitigate system issues
· Leverage knowledge base to help troubleshoot, identify and resolve systems issues;
· Update knowledge base troubleshooting guides and lessons learned as required
· Document incident fixes and make recommendations to engineering team for system improvements for consideration in future releases
· Document system issues resulting in system outages and coordinate change though change management process
· Support collaboration across operations, development teams and external partners
· Support “tiger team” calls to streamline knowledge sharing and timely resolution of system issues
· Monitor solution performance according to client specification and SLAs, escalate as needed
· Bachelor of Science in CS, or other technical discipline is preferred.
· 2 years operations experience providing application infrastructure support
· 1 year performing system administration support (Windows/Linux)
TS SCI w/FSP Clearance Required
Experience in supporting Azure/AWS cloud
· Microsoft Azure Fundamentals preferred
· CompTIA Security+ preferred
Other Job Specific Skills
· Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and products that include Microsoft Windows, Windows Servers, Microsoft Office365 and SharePoint, Microsoft Teams
· Applies standard methodology, techniques, procedures and criteria.
· Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic/routine system hardware, software or networking related problems.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to non-technical employees.
· Interpersonal Skills, problem solving, organizational, and multi-tasking skills