TYPE: Direct Hire (PERM)
LOCATION: Herndon, VA
NorthHill Technology Resources seeks a Full Stack Java Developer to join our growing team. This position supports Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for the Grants Modernization program (GMM). The FEMA GMM program represents a multi-year effort for IT Modernization and Transformation that will better enable citizens and first responders to apply for and be awarded Federal disaster and non-disaster grants.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing web-based Java solutions to support business requirements. The ideal candidate will be develop application features using Angular, Java and MongoDB, Oracle or other relational and non-schema databases.
- Designing, developing, troubleshooting land debugging software within a project scope ensuring that work product meets end user acceptance criteria.
- Managing self-directed assignments to resolve software defects or implement features to meet schedule commitments with a high-level of quality.
- Performing architecture and design of large software components under the supervision of a Software Architect.
- Estimates and scopes development tasks, and makes recommendations for innovations and improvements relating to software component designs, including reviewing the work of team members completing elements of designs.
- Develops and executes Accepted Test-Driven Development (ATDD) approach to ensure software quality.
- Acquires knowledge of industry and company standards, tools and technology with a focus on pragmatic application to business-focused software solutions through initiative and self-study.
- Others duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of work experience developing in Java, Spring Boot, Spring framework, and React/Angular (full stack).
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Working experience of developing java web services (SOAP or RESTful) using the Open source frameworks.
- Working experience with testing frameworks such as jUnit, TestNG.
- Working experience with HTTP related tools such as SOAP, UI, and Postman.
- Working experience with AWS API's.
- Working experience with BPMN 2.0 process engine and modelling tools.
- Working experience in implementing persistence layer with Postgres, DynamoDB, and Oracle.
- Knowledge of building reactive microservices in Java (Asynchrounous and Event-Based).
- Adept at analytical skills, incident management and problem management.
- Working experience in Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean, Kanban).
- Ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust. US Citizenship required.
- Experience of JIRA or Rally.
- Understanding of Grant Management Domain knowledge and GMM requirements.
- Experience working with Camunda or other BPM tools.
- Experience with development in Cloud and DevOps.
- Experience with or exposure to CI/CD tools such as Ansible and Jenkins is an advantage.
- Ability to work under challenging deadlines and constraints, to deliver.
- Government contracting experience is a plus.