NorthHill Technology Resources is seeking QA Engineers for a GSA project in Sterling, VA. Candidates must be local or willing to relocate to the Washington, DC Metro area.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
• Perform detailed test designs using sound software test engineering principals in the context of test automation platforms and integration across distributed systems
• Develop and improve existing test automation frameworks (i.e. make them faster, more flexible, and easier to use) and utilize parallel processing or grid systems to speed up the tests
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand complex interaction between systems
• Define and establish test metrics to measure not just product quality but also quality of testing and feedback to engineers
• Develop efficient and effective quantitative methods and guidelines to continuously improve quality processes and practices across multiple projects
• Experience supporting User Acceptance testing effort by user training and developing test artifacts
• Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed
2 to 7 years of experience in testing, including planning, test execution, and analysis
• 2-7 years of experience in Information Technology
• At least 2 years of experience in developing automated QA test suites and tools using Selenium, Nunit
• Exposure to backend services/microservices testing is a plus
• Ability to review the complex code and write unit test cases
• Exposure to stress, reliability, security and performance testing using tools like : NetSparker, Fortify, LoadRunner, Jmeter
• Must be a self-starter/self-directed member of the team
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with Automation Testing Tools (such as Selenium WebDriver, JMeter)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with BDD (Behavior Driven Development) Cucumber
• Experience with Java Programming Language
• Experience with SQL and Database/Backend testing
• Experience web services / API testing (REST and SOAPUI)
• Experience with implementing and executing Load and Performance Testing
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, JIRA and Confluence.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, work under pressure and tight deadlines, work independently, and work in a team environment.
• Experience with continuous integration tool (Jenkins)
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to interact effectively with customers and stakeholders
• Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team.
• Ability to manage multiple task assignments.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated experience improving automated test coverage for existing applications.
• Experience across diverse technology stacks including COTS and custom software.
• Familiarity with standards and best practices for ensuring accessibility (i.e. WCAG and 508)
• Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training, or experience