NorthHill Technology Resources is seeking a Sr. Software Applications Developer to support a Software Systems Development Life Cycle project team located in Frederick, MD and potentially at other locations within the Washington D.C metropolitan area. Our ideal candidate will have experience as a member of Agile software development teams and/or Operations and Maintenance teams in support of Federal Grants Management Systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional areas such as finance, accounting, personnel, manpower, logistics, and contracts
- Create database changes to accommodate new system functions and features
- Modify existing application code, configurations, and database to accommodate enhancements
- Enhance software to reduce operating time and/or improve efficiency
- Correct system errors, defects, and issues associated with the EGS application and/or database
- Develop block diagrams and logic flow charts
- Translate detailed design into computer software
- Test, debug, and refine the computer software to produce the required product
- Develop system design, process flows and necessary technical architectural documents
- Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation
- Provide technical direction to programmers to ensure program deadlines are met
- Ensure proper DoD IM/IT security procedures and protocols are followed
- Report any security concerns to the Project Manager
- Communicate and coordinate with the System Administrator at the DoD hosting facilities as well as with CDMRP IT and IA staff to meet new user operating environment requirements
- Experience and ability to mentor junior software developers on design patterns and development best practices to ensure quality output to meet program milestones and deliverables
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures in coding software applications and in developing professional level software application code.
- Must be proficient in VMWare ESC, Linus OS, Java-JDK + Oracle RDBMS, and Apache Tomcat, outputting HTML, XML, CSV, and XLS.
- Experience as an Agile Software Development Team member (i.e. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.)
- Experience as an applications programmer on large-scale database management systems.
- Knowledge of and experience applying automated testing.
- Knowledge and experience in quality management processes and in the software test/release process.
- Experience working as an IT Systems Operations and Maintenance team member providing Tier 2 and 3 support.
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management Systems or Help Desk Ticketing Systems (i.e. SalesForce, ServiceNow, Jira, etc.)
- Experience with Federal IT Systems.
- Knowledge and experience working on Federal Grants Management Systems.
- Bachelor's degree in an associated discipline, Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in software development.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance.