NorthHill Technology Resources is seeking a Software Applications Developer to support a Software Systems Development Life Cycle project team located in Frederick, MD and potentially at other locations within the Washington D.C metropolitan area. Our ideal candidate will have experience as a member of Agile software development teams and/or Operations and Maintenance teams in support of Federal Grants Management Systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor, test, and ensue functionality of system-to-system interfaces and views, resolve issues and coordinate with stakeholders
- Participate in the design of software tools and subsystems to support domain analysis and application reuse.
- Write application code and make database changes to accommodate system functions and features
- Modify application code, configurations, and database as necessary to accommodate enhancements
- Make changes to the System application and/or database to fix system errors, defects, and issues
- Test, integrate, and evaluate system functions and features in the developmental and user acceptance environments and deploying to the production environment
- Test and evaluate enhancements in the development and user acceptance environments and deploy to production environment
- Monitor system performance to identify inefficiencies and make recommendations for improvements
- Update, install, and test client approved third party plugins and software
- Assist Applications Engineer and Applications Programmer to interpret software requirements and design specifications to code, and integrate and test software components
- Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures in coding software applications.
- Knowledge and experience using VMWare ESX, Linux OS, Java-JDK + Oracle RDBMS, and Apache Tomcat, outputting HTML, XML, CSV, and XLS.
- Knowledge of and experience applying automated testing.
- Knowledge and experience in quality management processes and in the software test/release process.
- Experience working as an IT Systems Operations and Maintenance team member providing Tier 2 and 3 support.
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management Systems or Help Desk Ticketing Systems (i.e., SalesForce, ServiceNow, Jira, etc.)
- Experience as an Agile Software Development Team member (i.e. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Federal IT Systems
- Knowledge and experience working on Federal Grants Management Systems
- Bachelor's Degree in an associated discipline
- 6+ years of experience in software development and testing
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance