Job Title: Database Developer
Type: Perm/Direct Hire
NorthHill Technology Resources is looking for a Database Developer to join our client, an award-winning Government Integrator. In this role, you will support the development and enhancement of a modern data analytics platform. Your responsibility will be to provide technical solutions to the ever-growing needs of the customers in data management, warehousing and analytics areas.
In this position the candidate can join our team immediately and begin work on the project while we process a Secret DOD Clearance for the individual. This is an amazing opportunity to work in a great environment, with emerging technologies while having a DOD Secret Clearance processed. Don't let this opportunity pass you by!
- Deliver projects that focus on data warehousing, business intelligence, reporting, data management and advanced analytics including R or python.
- Conceptualize viable technical solutions that meets customer objectives and project requirements within the cost and schedule constraints
- Act as SME for customer-facing project delivery for business intelligence, data management, and data analytics projects aimed at government Federal, State, and Local
- Assist team leaders in developing innovative data solutions to address complex business problems
- Work with and through both functional and technical project team members to deliver products in an agile manner
- Work with team leaders and data analysts in resolving complex technical and operational issues
- Diligently manage risks and mitigate/manage issues associated with project delivery
- Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed.
- 5-7 years of experience designing, developing and managing enterprise-level databases using relational databases like Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and SQL Server
- 3+ years of experience with Data Warehouse, Data Management, Reporting, Governance and
- Dashboard development.2+ years of experience with ETL tools like Informatica and Pentaho Kettle
- Ready to embrace a fast-paced work environment with deadlines and new challenges
- Strong communication and teamwork abilities
- Experience delivering solutions using Agile delivery practices
- Solid understanding of CI/CD pipeline
- Bachelors degree in computer science, data analytics, business intelligence, economics, statistics, or mathematics
- Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training, or experience
- 1-3 years of experience with Business Intelligence tools like Tableau and Power BI
- Experience with improving performance on enterprise applications with large data
- Experience in Test Driven and Behavior Driven Development frameworks
- Familiarity with revision control systems such as Git/GitHub/GitLab
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)