NorthHill Technology Resources has needs for VMWare Engineers to support a new Federal Contract with the NRO in Chantilly, VA. We have several openings for mid to senior level candidates, must have a current CI Poly.
Description Job Responsibilities/Duties:
• Configure, manage and maintain the physical and virtual infrastructures.
• Perform required maintenance on a needed basis to support a VMware virtual infrastructure in accordance with established schedules and best practices.
• Provide senior level support for maintenance, operation, and configuration of VMware's Site Recovery Manager and the vRealize Suite.
• Design, document, test and implement virtual services and devices.
• Act as a technical lead for major initiatives, changes and deployments, and handle the diagnosis of complex issues within the virtual environment.
• Demonstrate advanced analytical skills by identifying the root cause of complex issues to maintain maximum service availability.
• Assess and evaluate current virtual computing infrastructure, and provide recommendations for enhancements.
• Develop and maintain standard operating procedures.
• Create and defend system change requests.
• Develop, maintain and implement a proactive capacity planning model to support business decisions.
• Detects, identify and perform complex problem isolation and resolution throughout the virtual architecture.
• Develop and execute contingency plans for network software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages.
• Support yearly disaster recovery exercises.
• MCSE, MCSA
• Potential Candidate must be able to perform as Architectural SME
• Must have experience in Email, DNS, DHCP, Microsoft Servers, VPN design Implementation, networking design implementation, disaster recovery and VMware
• 10+ years' experience with virtualization technologies with emphasis on VMWare.
• Possess a Data Center Virtualization certification or equivalent.
• VMware: 10 years (Preferred)
• Data Center Virtualization: 10 years (Preferred)