NorthHill Technology Resources has an immediate need for a Senior Systems Architect in Annapolis, MD. This is a direct-hire role with our client, a growing Federal Integrator. Outstanding culture and leadership team.
Senior Systems Architect
Our client, an award-winning Federal Integrator, is seeking a Systems Architect with Software Development and team leadership experience to work in the Annapolis, MD area supporting a contract with the U.S. Naval Academy. The purpose of this contract is to design, create and integrate a cloud-based solution that serves as an organizing structure and leadership development interface for leadership research and development.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing enterprise data infrastructure and platforms required to support development of a new enterprise solution. You will analyze system requirements and ensure that systems will be securely integrated with current applications. You must have a solid understanding of system development in cloud environments, including Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
In your role as Systems Architect, you will also perform as the team leader responsible for planning, organizing, scheduling, staffing, directing, integrating, and controlling activities necessary for all tasks to meet schedule, and performance requirements.
Work Experience Requirements
- Develop a Phased Development Plan to deliver the Leadership Development Interface solution. This includes business analysis, solution development following agile principles, delivery and system sustainment.
- Creating and delivering cloud-based solutions using technologies such Salesforce. You will be responsible for the design and architecture of complex solution components (e.g., integration, security, custom development).
- Ensuring that the system accurately meets the defined expectations of the business, ensuring that proper testing is implemented, and performance and security requirements are closely monitored by working with the project team.
- Providing level of effort estimates for technical portion of solutions.
- Conducting an analysis of alternatives to license existing technology, leverage existing DoD programs (e.g. Army Big Data Initiative), and hosting locations (e.g. USNA Data Center, DISA DEC, or DoD Milcloud).
- Developing a strategy for the interface and integration and utilization of existing systems.
- Identify data exchange requirements between the solution and required authoritative data sources and confirm the authoritative pedigree for each data element required.
- Design and implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve data.
- Direct, execute, coordinate, and control all elements of project tasking while serving as the primary point of contact for Government communication.
- Demonstrating strong leadership skills in all stages of the software development life cycle.
- Provide periodic progress reports outlining tasks accomplished, progress to date, significant issues, and actual and projected financial performance.
Education, Certification, and other Requirements:
- Must have 10+ years of IT experience with 3+ years in DoD establishing Information System architectures.
- 5+ years performing architecture design to include software, hardware or cloud services, and communications to support the total requirements.
- Related experience working with the U.S. Navy is desired.
- At least 1 years’ experience in Salesforce Architecture role.
- Working knowledge of security concepts such as single sign on and data security
- At least 5 years’ experience in Agile software development methods
- Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of data modeling and database structure systems.
- Experience with infrastructure/application architecture and cloud migration is desired.
- Experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment is desired
- Bachelor’s degree with 10 years relevant experience, or High School Diploma and 14 years of relevant experience.
- Project or Program Management Professional Certification a plus
- Shall be a U.S. Citizen.