Sr Cloud Native Engineer
Candidate should have 8+ years of work experience in a software or systems engineering role with exposure to multiple programming and scripting languages. The ideal candidate should be detail oriented, possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, exhibit an enthusiastic approach to technology, be able to independently provide guidance to software development teams, and respond quickly to change in both technology and processes. The candidate should be able to design and develop custom solutions to address complex operational issues with minimal supervision using open source technologies.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for developers, architects, and quality assurance engineers in the areas of automation, build management, continuous integration, release management, capacity planning, and application performance.
- Solution and drive modernization of enterprise Java Systems and build and deploy evolve Kubernetes based infrastructure in the Cloud. Cloud infrastructure to include DevOps Continuous Delivery (CI\CD) pipelines and development, testing and production environments in a Government certified environmenbt
- Articulate and lead implementation of key Design Patterns and embed them in Solution Delivery
- Propose and create Frameworks, Models, and Patterns to propagate the DevOps Culture
- Ensure Client Requirements are satisfied through appropriate DevOps Tooling/Framework design choices
- Experience with automated deployment and other integration tools such as Kubernetes, kubectl, Terraform in an AWS environment using exclusively Infrastructure as Code. Experience working in Azure is a plus.
- Deep experience provisioning and working Jenkins, SonarQube, Docker Containers, Artifactory, Nexus, Selenium, ArgoCD.
- Lead efforts to blueprint Continuous Delivery as code efforts
- Drive DevOps Adoption Strategy with your vision and industry experience
- Architect and implement Continuous Testing Shift Left Practice for better quality outcomes
- Assume Technical Ownership and Support of Project Implementations with ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and mentor engineer
Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed
- Excellent UNIX/LINUX tools/utilities, shell scripting, and basic administration skills
- 3 years in working with Kubernetes and infrastructure as code using Terraform and Ansible, with at least one year as a full-time, primary responsibility.
- Experience and deep understanding of principle and best practices in implementation of Infrastructure as Code using Kubernetes, YAML configuration files, Terraform, Ansible and Docker
- 5 years in working with AWS. Experience with implementation and proper use of AWS EKS, S3, KMS, Secrets Manager, API Gateway, Cloud Front, Security Groups and NACLs.
- 5 years in developing and supporting CI/CD pipelines using open-source tools, including: Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory/Nexus, Selenium
- Familiarity with implementation of FISMA compliance security controls including compliance with CIS benchmarks
- Understanding Git revision control systems and implementation of GitFlow process
- Strong organizational, communication skills, and detail-oriented focus
- Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training or experience
- Experience delivering solutions using Agile delivery practices
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Familiarity with revision control systems such as Git/Github
- Experience supporting the US Patent and Trademark Office
Work Authorization: US citizenship or work visa required