Our client seeking a high energy, innovative, imaginative and experienced Senior Director of Business Development to join our business development department in Arlington, VA. The successful candidate will possess deep understanding of the government contracting business development life cycle, to include account management, capture, proposal development, and developing new service offerings. The successful candidate will possess deep experience in and knowledge of information technology offerings; capturing and administering government Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts; pursuing and capturing business with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), National Science Foundation, and other civil agencies. The successful candidate will also possess superior verbal and written communication skills, have demonstrated experience and skill in operating in and leading collaborative teams, and thrive in the intense Federal business development environment. The successful candidate will report to the Vice President for Business Development.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Leading pre-proposal shaping activities, orchestrating capture activities during the proposal phase and post-submittal activities, and being responsible for shaping opportunities to achieve high win probability.
- As a key member of the company Business Development team, developing and executing assigned campaign plans that support our client's corporate strategy and business plan.
- Identifying opportunities consistent with the company business plan and developing and executing capture strategies for assigned opportunities to secure new and/or re-compete contracts.
- In collaboration with other members of the Business Development team and corporate technical experts, shaping opportunities to promote high win probability, performing pre-proposal shaping activities, and orchestrating capture activities during the proposal phase and post-submittal activities.
- Leading the pursuit and capture of IDIQs and the pursuit and capture of task orders on IDIQ contracts.
- Performing proposal management activities, as required, to support RFI, RFP, RFQ, and Task Order responses. This includes the following: creating response templates, creating and managing calendars and proposal deliverables, directing graphic designers and desk top publishers, as required, and supporting production for final submission to the government.
- Developing and maintaining high quality relationships with customers and partners, including next generation technology vendors.
Experience and expertise performing business development in an information management / information technology/technical professional services firm. Specific required qualifications:
- Minimum 8 years' experience performing and managing full life cycle business development in information technology professional services firm(s), with a concentration in civilian government agencies, especially HHS.
- Minimum 8 years' hands-on experience in Federal government agency-related account and capture management and proposal management.
- Minimum 5 years' experience supporting HHS-related organizations.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise as a strategic thinker who can grasp, articulate, and plan the "big picture" in the context of the corporate strategy and associated business plan while concurrently being able to independently plan and implement related detailed technical and administrative tasks required to complete assigned BD actions.
- Demonstrated experience in leading capture of IDIQ contracts and associated task orders.
- Demonstrated experience and effectiveness in planning, capturing, and winning new business opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience as a proposal manager and supporting all aspects of proposal development
- Demonstrated knowledge of the companies supporting Federal agencies and demonstrated capability to draw on industry contacts to build teams in support of business pursuits.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information technology-related offerings. Knowledge of recent technology trends in artificial intelligence, machine learning, Robotic Process Automation, and blockchain is a plus.
- Demonstrated customer management/relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated ability and leadership traits to operate in an intense, rapid-pace competitive business environment characterized by the following: responding to continually changing requirements; planning and executing business development tasks rapidly; operating in a collaborative team framework; and rapidly learning and applying new skills and knowledge.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Project.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills; expertise in writing documents, to include proposals and in delivering presentations in a highly dynamic environment.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or related discipline.
We are a customer-focused information management services firm that offers its customers data-driven solutions associated with the following core competencies: IT Modernization, Research & Statistical Analysis, Data Analytics, and Knowledge Management & Data Visualization. We are a woman-owned small business (WOSB) that is ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013 certified and appraised at CMMI-3 for Development.