On behalf of our high value client, we are seeking a highly motivated, skilled, and experienced Pricing Lead to work across all levels of the organization and manage multiple proposals at any given time. This position will regularly interact with executive and senior leadership, subcontractors, and will work cross-functionally to ensure all internal stakeholders understand pricing principles and practices and to develop and manage detailed pricing and profitability models. Candidate should have an experience working with complex pricing models and contract types. Will also provide overarching business advice and negotiation expertise to ensure a high win rate and optimized pricing.
The role can work remotely, but requires the ability to attend meetings and events at their Reston Operations Center and local area as requested with minimal notice.
Duties & Responsibilities
- As a Pricing Lead, you will play the lead role in developing pricing strategies and tactics that will result in competitive and compliant price proposals in collaboration with the capture and proposal teams.
- Prepare and present detailed cost/price briefings for management, including discussion of RFP pricing requirements, evaluation criteria, competitive analysis, pricing strategies, and key financial metrics.
- The Pricing Lead will lead the preparation and development of detailed price and cost proposals in response to solicitations and similar price requests to effectively compete as a Government contractor.
- During the Pre-RFP stage, understand the capture team's pursuit approach and provide input and recommendations during the capture process focused on pricing structures, solicitation requirements related to cost and price, and high-level pricing models
- Prepare Price to Win (PTW) analysis of competition based on competitive intel.
- Utilize this information to substantiate the estimated price range based on quantitative data such as customer budget data, salary and wrap rate modeling, labor profile modeling, industry benchmarks, reverse engineering of past bids, and expert judgment.
- Understand how to leverage open source data as part of the competitive and research analysis.
- Analyze solicitations (Draft RFP, RFP, RFQ, etc.) for price, cost and business risks, opportunities, and compliance concerns
- Make recommendations for mitigation strategies including crafting questions to the Government
- Ensures the timely generation of pricing submissions and compliance with solicitation requirements and established review / approval process.
- Assumes primary responsibility for the preparation of a fully compliant and competitive cost and pricing volume, establishing and coordinating schedules, cost/price model development, and cost narrative.
- Engage with the solution teams in the development of cost inputs including basis of estimates (BOE), bill of materials (BOM), and subcontractor requests for pricing
- Conduct associated subcontractor pricing analysis and negotiation
- Create complex pricing models and customer Pricing Files leveraging cost inputs from solutioning, market based salary assessors, human resource census data and using Microsoft Excel and other relevant tools
- Provide recommendations on price and cost strategies to increase competitiveness in alignment with the capture strategy
- Lead development and writing of price narratives and business volumes
- Participate in the review and contribution to staffing plans or sections as it relates to cost inputs
- Lead price reviews and briefs with executive and business development team members including key solicitation pricing requirements and evaluation criteria, overall pricing strategy, competitive analyses, and key financial metrics
- Obtain and document final pricing approvals following corporate processes
- Contribute to the company's overall growth goals and strategies by identifying trends, developing repeatable processes and supporting price and cost models and tools
- Assists leadership in understanding relative complexity and effort of pricing needs as an input to resource planning, prioritization, and bid decisions
- Teach and share knowledge on price and cost processes with business development, solution leads, and other leaders involved in the proposal process
- Upon award, work with the operations and transition teams to ensure an understanding of the price and cost inputs for successful start-up
- U.S Citizenship is required. Must have the ability to obtain a clearance if required.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Mathematics, or a related discipline with a minimum of 8 years relevant pricing experience with a minimum of 6 years' experience in developing pricing for Federal Government contracts including complex bids
- Superior spreadsheet skills
- Strong analytical and writing capability
- Experience in price volume development and writing with a demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements, apply contracting principles, and produce high quality proposals including a cohesive basis of estimate (BOE) and price narrative
- Experience creating and maintaining complex pricing compliance matrixes.
- Ability to provide both tactical and strategic decisions towards all proposal submissions as a Prime or Subcontractor.
- Experience in all types of complex pricing models and contract types, including FFP, T&M, Cost Type (CPFF, CPAF, CPIF), LH, BPA, and IDIQ
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment leading multiple concurrent pricing needs
- Ability to lead meetings and facilitate pricing related working sessions including with remote teams
- Ability to communicate and interact well with all levels of the organization
- Enthusiastic, collaborative, and team-oriented attitude
- High standards for quality and attention to detail