NorthHill Technology Resources is looking for a Business Analyst to join our client, an award-winning Federal Integrator.. In this role, you will analyze and design solutions to business problems while facilitating the development of multiple solution options to address the needs of the customer.
Elicit and understand the client’s business needs and mission, define requirements, write user stories, and manage a product backlog and develop prototypes for the proposed solution
• Study existing business processes, programs, and/or legacy systems in their native environments and perform a comprehensive analysis of existing problems and understand the areas for improvement
• Analyze and design the proposed solutions while facilitating the development of multiple solution options to address business needs
• Collaborate with developers and test engineers to ensure teams understand the customer’s functional and technical requirements
• Identify and understand customer expectations as part of the requirements gathering process and act as the primary point of contact for all communication needs during the requirements gathering phase with the customer
• Facilitate reconciliation of differences voiced by the customer with those in the system proposal, reducing scope creep or impacts to the delivered system’s quality
• Prepare project documentation like meeting minutes, business process documents and other process workflow diagrams as required.
• Other similar professional duties may be assigned as needed.
All interested applicants will be required to provide artifacts – requirements documentation from previous project(s) that may include user stories, user requirements, business process documents, UAT scenarios, etc.
3-5 years of experience working with an Agile implementation team writing user stories, grooming product backlog, planning out release planning
• Experience with the full software development lifecycle of Agile IT projects
• Hands-on experience with JIRA, MS Office, especially Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
• Relevant experience working with web-based applications and modern web technologies
• Excellent Communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Bachelor’s degree in business management, information systems, computer science, or related field