NorthHill Technology Resources has a need for a Senior Enterprise Architect for a role in Sterling, VA supporting DHS Programs. This role is primarily remote, with occasional (10%) on site in Sterling. It is a direct-hire role with our client, a leading Federal Integrator and Washington Post top workplace. Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required.
Job Title: Enterprise Architect
- Experience with system and data modernization projects in which business capabilities previously provided by a legacy system are re-engineered into cloud-native architecture.
- Facilitate the establishment and execution of the roadmap and vision for modern data analytic platform delivery and management, including the Enterprise Data Warehouse, Big Data, BI & Analytics, and Data Management.
- Lead teams of Software engineers, Data Architects, Data Engineers, Infrastructure Architects, SecDevOps Engineers, Test Engineers, Business Analysts to provide technical design and implementation guidance.
- The Platform team builds an Enterprise system using Cloud native services from Azure and AWS. The Data team provides data engineering support to build reusable data engineering standard processes and libraries to support FEMA analytic communities.
- Hands on experience in cloud data architecture, data mesh framework and systems engineering.
- Hands on experience with multiple business architecture frameworks (DoDAF, TOGAF, UPDM, SYSML or UAF).
- Apply business strategy while driving technology strategy, balancing short term and long term needs to ensure that the architecture can scale and evolve accordingly.
- Provide advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures to ensure schedule attainment, product development process adherence, and performance and budget targets are met.
- Experience as a technical liaison between business and technology staff, helping translate user and business needs into an understandable architecture for developers.
- Knowledge of cloud-based solutions and a strong understanding of service-based solutions.
- Understanding of project delivery using Agile or iterative software development methodologies.
- Writing white papers and providing thought leadership to a broader community in a specific technical area.
- Experience coordinating and managing senior level technologists.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data analytics, engineering or related field (Master's degree is a plus)
Clearance: US Citizenship with ability to obtain DHS Public trust clearance
Location: Position is remote but require travel to the customer's offices in DC metro locations
- Technical delivery experience in a multi-cloud (AWS and Azure) environment.
- Technical leadership experience in software development or data analytic teams
- Exceptional communications in writing, oral, and presentation/briefing styles.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in large scale system modernization, data & analytics modernization, and systems engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in government or industry with Architecture tools.
- Experience in DHS or FEMA is strongly desired.